Blog 2: My favorites concerts

Girl gone wild


When I was 15 years old I went to the beach with my youngest aunt and my two cousins (I'm the one in the middle). I shared the room with my oldest cousin (she's 6 years older than me) and we became friends since that trip. I found out that she's really open when we talk about music, movies, etc.

That was the beginning of a glorious era full of concerts together. And the start of my bohemian life where with 15 years old I went to a lot of Discotheques to concerts. I had to practice my mature voice, have a nice look (specially make up). I always felt so nervous when the line was advancing and I had to face the guards to cut my ticket and let me pass...


Nocturnal animal

The first concert with my cousin was  in 2013 in Chimkowe. It was the launching of the Lucybell's (chilean rock alternative group) EP called Poderoso, we bought VIP tickets so in the entry the staff gave us the EP.


Of course that I was in first line and I instantly loved their sound and the experience.
Ah... When we entered we ran because we were so exited and my cousin felt in the stairs and it was so funny.
I bought a t-shirt with the cover of the EP and I didn't take it out for about 2 years.

After that we went to Claudio Valezuela's concert (the vocalist of Lucybell) and it was in a Discotheque called Bal Le Duc. My mom was worry so she came too. In the entry wasn't problems and the concert started about 3 a.m so we had a lot of time to party. I went to collect my cover (a drink that comes like a gift with the ticket) and I asked to the barman for a piscola with my tender and childish voice and he suspected, he asked me for my age and I told him that I was 19 and he just have me the drink (we still remember the childish tone of my voice and laugh a lot about that).


I didn't like the concert because Claudio was so drunk and it killed my passions. And when it finished I found my mom sleeping in one side of a couch and in the other a couple making out.

After that there was a lot of concerts of Lucybell (and a lot of piscolas), one of those in the Discotheque called Blondie (very nice place).

But the time of Lollapalooza had arrived. It was 2014, I was 16 years old and I was so poor that I didn't had enough money to afford a ticket to that festival. But Lollapalooza have a salvation called sideshows where some of the groups of the festival have an apart concert where they perform alone or with another group. So we went to see Portugal. the Man (american rock alternative group) to the Discotheque called Sala Omnium.
In the entry the guard asked me for my ID and I told him (with my mature voice) that I didn't have it and he just cut my ticket.
The concert was awesome, I danced and screamed a lot... They were so beautiful and the sound was amazing and the voice of the vocalist was unbelievable.


I still have the bracelet and the set list of the drummer.

But the best experience so far was the Thirty Seconds to Mars' (american rock alternative group) concert in Movistar Arena, in the beginning was going to be in 7th May, my birthday, but it was postponed.
It was the first time that I was going to see Jared Leto, my biggest platonic love since I was kid.
So there we were in a hot October, like a summer day, sitting in the floor of the Elipse of Parque O'higgins. We camp since like 11 a.m and in one moment it was so hot that we went to the sprinklers to get wet. In summary we were 7 hours standing waiting that the concert begin.
I was in second line and I lost my cousin in the crowd. Jared Leto was so beautiful (I really enjoyed seeing him, specially because he was half naked). When they played my favorite song (Kings and Queens) Jared bumped up people to the stage, the experience of see that was so good that I couldn't help to cry.


Life is about the experiences


I have to confess that I'm an internal person and I save all the problems and the sadness to myself and I find the concerts like opportunities to scream, feel and take out all the bad things that I carry inside. All the groups that I see means a lot to me, they're part of my life.












Comentarios