Out clichés please



My dream is travel to France, specially Paris and live some time there but, please, forget about the idea of "Paris, city of love" because I don't care about that, I don't want to be a tourist. And pleaaaaaase don't think that because I study art my priority will be going to the museums like Louvre.


Paris, city of music



The reality is that one of my passions is music and I dedicate most of my time listening music, seeing videoclips, searching new groups and tendences, and reading news and reviews of the musicians. An important part of my musical tastes  it's composed of french people.

So the first thing that I would do getting off the plane is go to a store and buy all the CD's that I dream and need to have in this moment. And then buy all the tickets of the concerts that I want.

I've dedicated myself to observe the Scene of Rap in France and I have to say that is a little world (everyone knows each others and  they're friends) but in my (attemp to have an objetive) opinnion they're perfect: well composed music, beautiful lyrics and they develop their videoclips like short films. The electronic music don't stay behind leaving a deep sensation of nostalgic.

One of my favorites groups is Odezenne: great and crazy music, artistic videoclips (they colaborate with artists) and they win short fim awards with their music videos.

OVNI (Orchestre virtuose national incompètent) (2012)
Dolziger Str.2 (2015)

Au Baccara (2018)




Lomepal, in one word Millenial.

FLIP (2017)




OrelSan is the voice of the middle class, is sarcastic and deep when is necesary.

La fête est finie (2017)




Gael Faye is son of a french father and a rwandan mother, his childhood was in Africa and after politics problems in Burundi he moved to Paris. His work talks about his identity, the nostalgic and the inhabit the city. He's writer too and he've a beautiful book called Petit Pays (surprisingly I could find it in Santiago), a novel that talks about his childhood and have a lot of poetry of what he thinks in the present. In 2017 he participated in the event of Radio France called Hip Hop Symphonique where the good rappers are invited to performance with an symphonic orchestra... I really want to be in one of this events, is so beautiful that I would cry.

Rythmes et Botanique (2017)





The Blaze is an electronic band that has given a lot to talk about since the last year. They win awards of short films too and their videoclips are simply emotionals and full of nostalgic and loneliness.

Dancehall (2018)




And finally The Shoes, an experimental band (Indie maybe)... Great work.

Chemicals (2015)




That's my guide to go to France and make friends.

After the euphoria


My idea is travel to France maybe to do a magister or a doctorate (you can find more information in my previous posts) but the objetive is being in Paris and learn more about their idiosyncracy so I can enrich my creative process. I want to know the south too, the people is different, more calm, and I love the beach.

My other dream is go to the Paris Fahion Week in all the fahion shows and maybe buy some clothes. My favorite parisian brand is KENZO I feel very identified with all that they release.


Maybe one day I'll collaborate with one of my favorites french musicians or a great designer.





Comentarios